In 2012 Action Sports introduced the IF-2500 DFC/S Dual Fixed Cavity Ski and Snowboard Press with integrated sublimation cavity, one of the more innovative machines on the market.
This design, unique to Action Sports Technology, features a dual cavity design where the bottom cavity is used for ski and snowboard lamination and the upper cavity is a digitally controlled sublimation heat press for producing graphic heat transfers on modern top sheet materials.
This machine is a super fast multi-tasker that is suitable for higher volume production users that want to save money and space. By incorporating 2 machines into the one frame we are able to reduce both the cost and the footprint of the machne versus a separate laminating press and sublimation heat press. This ski and board cavity contains a full production laminating press based on the presses Lindsay designed for Powderstick Snowboards, Option Snowboards and dozens of other companies since the mid 1980's. It features heated top and bottom forms that are controlled by a digital PID control unit that allows various ramp and heat cycles to be programmed or simple set temperature operation.
The upper sublimation cavity is essentially the same as our separate standalone flatbed sublimation heat presses except it is built into the same frame as the laminating press.
The daily capacity of the IF-22500 DFC/S is dependent on the temperature you operate it at and the cure time of your resin but typically this is 2 - 4 boards per hour or 2 - 3 pair of skis hour based on 140- 180 degree F temperature and the Action Sports Extreme epoxy system - other epoxies will vary in terms of cure time and can allow faster or slower cure cycles and resin pot life. The sublimation cavity is typically run at 330 - 370 degrees F and depending on the type of topsheet and temperature used, press cycles to transfer graphics vary from about 5 - 10 minutes
This machine features a super beefy all steel I-beam "Fixed Cavity" frame design (hence the FC designation) that enables us to make a very stiff, high performance frame when space and weight are not as much of a concern.
The IF-2500 DFC/S ski and snowboard press features an all pneumatic "air bladder/caterpillar track" top form assembly for unlimited ski or board thickness profiles, adjustable length, various camber and rocker profiles and more (1 rocker/camber profile included, others can be ordered).
Standard Specifications (we can build to other specs please inquire):
- All steel "Fixed Cavity" I-beam frame design
- Heated all aluminum top and bottom forms in lamination cavity
- Heated bottom plate in sublimation cavity featuring 1700 degree insulation to improve heat up efficiency
- Independent digital temperature control for each cavity
- Modular tip, tail, and camber/rocker "form blocks" can be interchanged for different profiles (steep/mellow nose and tail, camber/rocker/hybrid etc)
- 330mm standard width in lamination cavity (other widths available), 356mm width x 2050 mm length in sublimation cavity (other sizes available)
- All aluminum "caterpillar track" top form assembly works as a flexible caul plate for unlimited thickness profiles
- dual 600lb burst air bladders
- 96" long x 40" wide x 76" tall x approximately 2000lbs in standard form
Typical 220 volt single phase configuration $16,495. Other options, custom dimensions and International electronics are available, please inquire.
Note: our machines are not UL rated. We use use UL, CE and CSA components throughout but do not represent the machines to be certified as UL rated or otherwise.